1. Go ice skating or swimming – There are two ice skating rinks in Kuwait @promenadeicekw & the skating rink in Kuwait City and you can always get a day pass to the Swimming Pool complex in Salmiya.
2. Learn to knit or crochet – Several places offer workshops for adults and children. @fakhri_arts @littlemomsgroup @needlesandyarn
3. Tour the playplaces. For younger kids, @playkuwait Discovery and Promenade malls, or @futurekidkuwait Kids, @magicplanetmena.
For older ones, try @trampoofficial in Murouj. There’s a new playplace in @alhamratower too.
4. Get some books. Take the kids to the book shop @spectrawidebookstore @thatalsalasil @q8bookstore & Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyya has storytimes on Saturdays. Better Books in Salmiya is doing a summer reading challenge for kids. (visit their FB page for more info).
5. Do some YouTube art/crafts/science experiments – There are a million+ videos for kids to do arts/crafts. Check your supplies and search based on what you have on hand. Just be sure to view the video first and make sure its age appropriate.
6. Take them to work with you for the day – if you can – and give them small tasks.
7. Learn to code. There are tons of free or low cost resources online for learning to code and even summer camps here that offer it. Introduce them to the concept and see if they want to take a class – online or in a camp: @catchcaravan
8. Go for a workshop. @artspaceq8 @7erafy @thelittlesewing_instituteetc offer lots of summer fun workshops.
9. Put on your sneakers and go for a marathon walk around the Avenues. Take the kids to lunch afterwards as a treat.
10. Take a yoga class as a family. There are like a gazillion yoga places in Kuwait. Ask for a class for moms and kids.
Finally, kids should also be able to entertain themselves. Give them some books, legos, puzzles, building blocks, colors and paper & leave them to it. Trust me, it’s good for you and them.
#KuwaitMomsGuide #KuwaitMoms #KuwaitKids #q8kids #q8moms #kuwait