1. Look him in the eye when talking to him. Eye contact is important
2. Use short simple sentences.
3. Repeat what he says. Providing your child with clear & correct language models reinforces his language development.
4. Give him choices, this gives him a sense of control and encourages him to communicate his needs.
5. PLAY PLAY PLAY, spending time playing with your child without an distractions is priceless!
And just an added thought. Try to get down on your child's level when talking to them. This helps them connect with you more easily, helps maintain eye contact and helps you seem less intimidating.
#repost from @talkplaygrow #kuwaitmoms #kuwaitkids #q8moms #q8kids #kidsinkuwait #Kuwait