Makes 16-18 pancakes
- 2 ¼ cups shredded root vegetables, such as turnips, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, carrots, or beets
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 – 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Snipped fresh herbs, for serving, such as chives, dill, parsley, tarragon or chervil
- Crème fraiche, for serving
- Combine shredded root vegetables, onion and eggs in a large bowl. Add flour, salt and pepper; blend thoroughly.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of batter; flatten slightly. Cook 4 or 5 pancakes at a time until golden on each side, turning once. Transfer pancakes to a platter lined with paper towels. Continue making pancakes in the same way, adding oil to skillet as needed.
- Transfer pancakes to a serving platter; sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with crème fraiche.
Photo from Whole Foods Market. Recipe from Our Seasonable Table. Check out their amazing blog for beautiful photos and lots of awesome recipes.